Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Passing of Sherri (Phelps) Proctor

   As I am sure many of you already know, Sherri (Phelps) Proctor, sister of David Phelps passed away on Tuesday, September 25, after a six year battle with cancer. Sherri had a lovely voice and sang as a back-up vocalist for her brother when he would perform as a solo artist. She was a member of the "Family Band," the group of musicians and vocalists (many of whom were friends and family members) that traveled with David. The Family Band produced an album entitled "David Phelps Family Band." Although Sherri was featured on a number of songs found on this cd, there is one song in particular that is very appropriate at this moment in time. The song is entitled, "Blooming on the Other Side." The song is concerned with the passing away of two unique individuals, and though they are gone from this life they are not gone forever. Those who have parted from us in this life are simply blooming on the other side. We will at some point be reunited with those who have gone before us, but until that moment we can honor them by remembering them, thinking about the positive contributions that they made to our lives. I never had the opportunity to meet Sherri, but from what I have heard she was a very talented, loving and gracious woman. She leaves behind a husband named Mark and three children. I ask that you please pray for the Proctor and Phelps families as they grieve over the loss of a wife, mother, sister, and daughter. Someone (Youtube user homewardbound72) created a video to honor Sherri, and the song that is featured on it is, "Blooming on the Other Side." Listen to the words. Perhaps it will minister to you or to someone you know who is also going through the grieving process, or experiencing life after the loss of a significant other. The Youtube video is unlisted, and I thought about not sharing it. However, I decided to include it in this post after coming to the realization that anyone could access it through the forums found on David Phelps website. I think the user would have no objection to me posting this video tribute. You can watch the video by clicking on the link below.


        

3 comments:

  1. I was so sad to hear about Sherri's passing. But, praise God she is cancer free! I'm friends with Tori Taff (Russ Taff's wife) on Facebook. She attended the service for Sherri and posted a status that said Sherri's death has been very hard on David. I'm sure the Phelps/Proctor families would appreciate everyone's continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David and Sherri's music has been a tremendous blessing to me. I pray for the comfort of the Lord to be showered on the family. Linda P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let
    you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly.
    I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the
    same results.

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... rts game ()

    ReplyDelete